The mid-term elections are around the corner and both parties are posturing through 30-second TV ads across the country. The outcome of these elections—both at the federal and state level—will have a significant impact on the industry. And like the many politicians running for office, our industry must prepare for how the results reshape our advocacy approach. Success against that objective will be informed by an aligned industry and strategically positioning our trade associations for success.
Regardless of our many different views and practices—funders, brokers, payments, collections, ownership structures, funding sources, stacking, or disclosure—we are viewed and treated uniformly by policymakers and media. This publication and the effort by the SBFA is to create a more unified industry, like other industry trade groups, so we are better positioned for long-term success.
Capital Voice is a window into our industry enabling key audiences to better understand our companies and the people who drive them. Enhancing this understanding will take the audience from reader to stakeholder in the industry’s perception—critical to our success as we move into the 2023 legislative cycle. Capital Voice is one part of a collective effort by SBFA to build a better, more united industry brand. Our plans for 2023 include the following:
- Creating or partnering on a signature industry event.
- Building more in-person meetings and networking opportunities.
- Expanding the Broker Council and bringing in more vendors.
- Focusing on research and building a stronger industry narrative.
- Partnering with other industry and interest groups.
- Enhancing media and grassroots outreach.
- Concentrating on financial education and working with small business groups.
Thank you for taking time to read this newsletter and supporting the SBFA. If you are interested in supporting our effort by joining or advertising, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org.